Wondering how to lose weight in just four days?
Whether it’s for a wedding coming up, or you are leaving for a spontaneous beach holiday over the weekend, getting in shape is now inevitable. Obviously since you are a late bloomer, you need to lose the chunks ASAP. And above all, is it even possible to lose weight in 4 days?
Well, of course it is! With the right routine practised with utmost discipline, you can lose up to 10 pounds in just 4 days!
So how should you go about it? I am writing down for you a detailed list of all the Do’s and Dont’s that will help you water down you extra fat and stay healthy.
How To Lose Weight in 4 Days
Here are 6 simple steps to help you lose weight in four days.
- Measure and weigh yourself right before you begin with the diet. And then, only after the four days complete.
While the diet is on, you might make muscle with no weight loss. In that case, your inches will lose. In fact, there’ll be times when you weight may actually fluctuate. But don’t dishearten; it’s just a phase.
- For best results, try to follow the diet exactly. The foods listed below are in sync with each other. So your metabolism, energy levels and weight-loss process get a kick with their very combination.
- Eat the food items as and when mentioned. A lot of people save a little for snacking in between the meals. Bad idea! Doing so will only re-wire your metabolism instead of doing any good.
- This diet affects different people differently. You may not benefit from it as much as your friend did. So make sure you don’t compare yourself with other 4-day dieters.
- After you complete 4 days, get back to your normal routine. And by normal, I mean a regular healthy diet.
- If you wish to resume the diet plan, it’s advisable to keep a gap of at least a week in between the two.
The 4 Day Weight Loss Dieting Plan
Now comes the diet plan. To make things less troublesome, I have given you a few options to choose from. On all the 4 days, you can pick the foods of your choice. So here goes!
- ½ a Grapefruit/ 1 egg/ 5 Saltine Crackers
- 1 Slice toast with 2 tbsp peanut butter or 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- ½ a Banana or 1 small apple
- Caffeinated Coffee or Tea
You can go for a combination of any 3 things from this list. You can check out the calorie content of each food item and prepare your meal accordingly.
- ½ a cup tuna/ 1 Cup Cottage Cheese/ 1 Hardboiled Egg
- 1 Slice Toast/ 1 Hardboiled Egg
- 5 Saltine Crackers
- Caffeinated Coffee/ Tea
Again, pick any 3 out of this list. Also, make sure you keep rotating the food items instead of just sticking to your favourite one.
- 3 ounces of Meat/ 2 Hot Dogs (without the buns)/ 1 cup of Tuna
- 1 cup of Green Beans/ 1 cup of Broccoli/ ½ a Banana
- ½ a cup of Carrots
- 1 Small Apple
- ½ a cup of Vanilla Ice cream
Well, there aren’t many choices for the dinner time. You are allowed to eat five items from these five pointers.
Water, of course, is allowed in abundance. It will help you remove the toxins from your system while keep you hydrated. Other than that, you are allowed to use salt and pepper for better taste, but no other seasoning. Also, sugar free gums and mints are allowed here and there, but not too many. You can also have broth for a drink.
That’s my favourite part. According to wikihow, prefer a combo of Cardio and Strength Training. Exercise for one hour and split the time equally in cardio and strength. Options like Aerobics with hand weights, boot camp, etc. High intensity Interval training will help you lose about 600 calories in an hour.
As for strength training, create a chart of targets. For instance, focus on upper and lower body alternatively. Stress more on the muscle fatigue by choosing heavier weights.
All in all, work out. It’s time to leave the couch potato behind and burn all the extra flab. Stretch your body whenever you get time and haven’t eaten anything. Focus on particular muscles and stretch for about a minute. Also, ensure a deep sleep regularly for about 8 hours. Your body demands adequate time to heal and rest.
Additional Things To Help Your Fast Weight Loss In Just 4 Days
Additionally, you can improvise the effects of this 4 day diet by making a few other inclusions. For instance:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. You would be surprised to see the results from such a small change in your routine.
- Do the strenuous household chores, like mopping the floor or cleaning the yard. Go for the more tiresome options instead of simply using the vacuum cleaner.
- Prefer walking or biking when you commute. The feasibility may be limited, but keep your options open.
- Replace your dinner with vegetable soup or a smoothie. Pour in all the vegetables present in your refrigerator. These options will give you your fill with a lot less calorie content. Plus, you wouldn’t have to starve to get thinner.
- Drinking loads of water is a must. You can improve it by drinking a glass 10-15 minutes before your meal. That way, your appetite will curb as you will be full already.
- Try a Body Wraps. These contempo inventions make your skin look tightened and toned. There are a lot of brands specializing in health products that offer such wraps. They are prepared of a specific material which reduces the water weight from your body.
The 4 Day diet is not just a matter of 4 days. In fact, these 4 days are but a kick-start to a health and persevered routine that ought to be practised indefinitely.
So here are a few habit formations that will help you preserve your fit state:
- Do your grocery shopping wisely. Combine both high-carb and low-carb fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Replace the processed foods such as breads with fruits and vegetables.
- Add colourful vegetables and fruits to your grocery list. Colours indicate different nutrients and give you a balanced diet.
- Make sure you have your breakfast within an hour of waking up. This is because breakfast gives your metabolism a head-start instead of storing fat.
- Prefer high-protein breakfasts like egg white omelette, smoothie, quinoa or oatmeal, as they will boost your energy levels for the rest of the day. Also, replace fatty protein with lean protein. For e.g., try a cup of Greek Yogurt instead of fat-filled dairy products like milk and cheese.
- Needless to mention, bid your farewell to alcohol and cigarettes. Not only are they bad for your health but also lead to adverse addiction.
- Eat a little less than your fill. Don’t stuff your stomach to the point that it finds difficulty in digesting the extra food. Instead, eat after short intervals.
- Say no to junk foods in your daily routine. These high calorie items not only lead to obesity but also make you unhealthy internally.
- People suffering from high cholesterol, blood pressure, and heart problems should abstain from such an intense dieting plan.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers too shouldn’t follow any such diet plan that may leave them fatigued.
- Diabetic patients aren’t supposed to stay hungry at any point of time. And normally when you diet, starving does occur at some places. So for them, it is not recommended.
- If you are already taking any medicines regularly, consult your doctor before starting on with the 4 day plan.
Does it Work?
Like most diet plans, there aren’t any clinical research claims for this one. However, some of its aspects are adequately tested and approved. Many dieters contradict the legitimacy of this diet plan by sharing their experiences online. But looking at its huge fan following, it can’t really be completely bogus.
In the end, it’s all a matter of calorie in and calorie out. Rapid weight loss often leaves you fatigued and sluggish. Even doctors back gradual weight loss.
Still, in case of emergencies, these short and quick diets are your best saviour. Just stay determined and headstrong while going for them.
Fast weight loss can be achieved in just four days. Just remember to stick to the plan and you can see results.